Join the UANPF team
Who We Are
The United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF) is one of the largest multiemployer defined benefit pension funds in the country. We provide retirement security to over 150,000 members of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry.
UANPF is a place where people come to work and want to stay. We offer meaningful career opportunities in a positive and collaborative environment that promotes and supports a healthy work/life balance. We take great pride in creating an environment where we always strive for Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (CANI) and believe every team member plays an integral part in our mission to provide our participants with the very best service.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels empowered to use their full potential and be their unique selves is the formula for great success. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, supportive and respectful work environment.
Reports to: Pension Payment Services Team Supervisor
Do you have a knack for prioritizing your workload and meeting established deadlines? Are you focused and able to compute accurate calculations; and have top notch communication skills allowing you to explain complex information effectively? Is your approach to customer service personable yet effective? Can you be diplomatic while handling sensitive matters when working alongside our esteemed Pensioners, providing services with the utmost patience, passion and integrity? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you as a Pension Payment Analyst I at the United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF).
The United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF) is a multi-employer defined benefit pension fund established over 50 years ago. We are responsible for administering the retirement benefits nationwide for over 160,000 hardworking members of the United Association National Pension Fund and their families.
The Pension Payment Analyst I is a trainee position which is open for a maximum of 18 months. The position is a part of a career ladder. After successful completion of the trainee level between 12 and 18 months, the analyst shall be promoted to a Pension Payment Analyst II. The Pension Payment Analyst I shall be responsible for conducting research and responding to all correspondence related to pension payments to members and beneficiaries in accordance with the National Pension Plan and Local Union Pension Plan Rules. This is no job for the faint of heart, your keen attention to detail is essential! But, if you have what it takes, and are eager and committed to join our transforming team, come on board!
CORE COMPETENCIES – If you have these at your Core, apply.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including effective telephone communications
- Ability to perform daily functions with minimal supervision, once fully trained
- Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times
- Easily adaptable to changes in priorities and workload
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 year of related work experience
- Must have a professional and positive attitude with a customer service focused approach.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic understanding of the use of the enterprise-wide database system to accurately track cases for workload inventories and further actions.
- Must be resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and highly motivated.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment equally well.
- Reviews documents and updates system for initial check processing.
- Processes benefit payments to pensioners and beneficiaries.
- Processes death notifications of pensioners which include calculating and awarding survivor benefits.
- Performs research to determine survivor benefits through archived records on microfiche and the imaging database.
- Updates computer files which include entering new pensioners’ information.
- Handles correspondence pertaining to working pensioners, overpayments and underpayments and other miscellaneous correspondence from both pensioners and beneficiaries.
- Takes all necessary actions arising from working pensioner return to work notifications, the monthly working pensioner report, and the annual mandatory working pensioner report, including suspensions, reinstatements, and recalculations.
- Analyzes, recalculates, and re-awards separate benefits to retirees who return to work in covered employment and earn additional pension credit, if applicable.
- Takes action on all pensioner death processing reports.
- Develops and disseminates follow-up letters to participants, and beneficiaries requesting post-award documents, and take action to close files, as needed.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from participants or beneficiaries relative to the payment of benefits, relevant documents, and the effect of certain options on the pension amount.
- Reviews the daily Pension Payment Group Inventory Report and takes the appropriate action.
- Assists in preparing the monthly Pension Applications Processed Report.
- Ensures that all work is processed in a timely manner, that all relevant information is obtained and that all provided information and representations are accurate.
- Performs other tasks and projects as assigned by the Pension Payment Services Team Supervisor or Pension Department Manager.
SALARY: Level IV ($1,070 per week)
HOURS: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (37.5-hour work week)
BENEFITS: United Association National Pension Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits that protect you and your family. Employer paid benefits include medical insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, short and long-term disability benefits, a defined benefit pension plan; plus 401 (k) plan, flexible spending accounts and free parking.
Reports to: Accounting Financial Supervisor
Do you enjoy accounting and are you an awesome team player? If you are looking for an accounting team who values a detailed oriented, organized, innovative, forward thinking accountant, we may have the ideal position for you at United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF). Team spirit is the name of the game, as we make every effort to collaborate while being productive and having fun.
UANPF is a multi-employer defined benefit pension fund established over 50 years ago. We are responsible for administering the retirement benefits nationwide for over 160,000 hardworking members of the United Association (Union of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Welders & Service Techs) and their families.
Our Accounting Department is responsible for receiving contributions, reconciling investments and related growth, and making pension payments to our retirees. In the role of Senior Accountant, you will perform professional accounting work which includes maintaining the financial data of UANPF, UANPF’s 401(k) Plan, UANPF’s Staff Retirement Plan and Reciprocity Administration Services, Inc.
The Senior Accountant position duties and responsibilities include reconciling general ledger accounts; analyzing all investment related transactions; preparing all financial statements for Fund Management, Board of Trustees, and Fund Auditors; maintaining subsidiary ledgers; and routinely preparing monthly payrolls. The Senior Accountant works closely with other accounting staff and management on a daily basis to ensure tasks are complete and accurate.
If you want to be part of a hardworking, fun, mathematically and computer inclined team, then consider joining us!
- Ability to analyze financial data, identify issues and reconcile the data.
- Ability to work as a team, responsible for assigned work and cross train to ensure all tasks in the department can be completed timely.
- Intermediate knowledge of cash and accrual accounting.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel (ability to use text, date, lookup and math functions in Excel.) PivotTable experience preferred.
- Excellent professional behavior, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with payroll, accounts receivable and payable processes.
- Very resourceful and a self-starter.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Reconciles moderate and complex bank account statements monthly.
- Analyzes investment account transaction for Financial Statement reports, on a monthly basis.
- Processes monthly staff retirement payrolls routinely, and quarterly and annual filings.
- Record and reconciles accounts receivable and related payments.
- Maintains scanning file accuracy of payroll related data.
- Maintains general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers for four entities.
- Provides monthly budgetary reports to managers.
- Prepares manual and/or automated general ledger entries, as required.
- Analyzes and maintains detail files of all journal entries for the current year.
- Prepares financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Assists in annual budget preparation.
- Maintains petty cash.
- Annually, prepares information requested by the Auditors.
- Renews business licenses for three entities.
- Comply with local, state and Federal government reporting requirements.
- Cross train with other positions in the accounting department to ensure there is back up for all accounting tasks.
- Ensures work is processed in a timely manner, that relevant information is obtained and that information, determinations and representations are accurate.
- Holds in the strictest of confidence content and subject matter of all material.
- Performs all duties of a lower level accountant to maintain the orderly, timely and accurate processing of daily tasks.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of three (3) years of related accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Traverse financial application is preferred.
- Experienced with payroll, payroll related quarterly and annual filings.
A confidential report of an employee’s personal credit status may be requested before and while an employee holds this position.
SALARY: $70 – $75,000 Annually
Disability Insurance Program
Short-term disability and long-term disability benefits are provided to provide financial protection if an employee is unable to work because of a medical condition or injury.
Basic Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Coverage offered is twice an employee’s salary, which includes dismemberment benefits and a double indemnity for accidental death.
Supplemental Term Life Insurance
Coverage is available for employees, their spouse and dependent children on a self-pay basis.
Retirement (Defined Benefit Plan)
Employees participate in a Defined Benefit Plan maintained by the Fund which includes five-year vesting benefits.
Deferred Compensation Plan (401k)
The 401(k) deferred compensation plan offers employees the opportunity to invest for their retirement using pretax income. Numerous investment options are available from a wide selection of fund choices. Investment advice and financial workshops are available.
AFL-CIO Credit Union
Employees of UANPF are eligible to join the AFL CIO Employees Federal Credit. The Credit Union offers discounted banking services and other benefits to members.
UANPF provides generous time-off benefits to promote a work/life balance and provide employees with breaks to rejuvenate and enjoy time away from work.
As part of the UANPF work schedule, the following holidays are observed:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday (third Monday in January)
- Presidential Inauguration Day
- Washington’s Birthday (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- The day before or after Christmas, to be determined yearly.
In addition to the above listed holidays, the UANPF also annually grants each employee three (3) floating holidays to be used at the employees’ discretion.
Employees of UANPF accrue vacation leave based on years worked for the organization. With 1-4 years of service, the employee earns 10 vacation days; with 5-9 years of service, the employee earns 15 vacation days; with 10-19 years of service, the employee earns 20 vacation days; with 20+ years of service, the employee earns 25 vacation days.
Employees accrue 15 days of sick leave per year to use for their own personal illnesses and to provide care for their sick spouse and dependent children.
Employees have some flexibility to choose a work schedule that accommodates work and life commitments and job responsibilities. The UANPF also provides paid time off for bereavement, voting, jury duty and court subpoenas (conditions apply).
All benefits are subject to change at the discretion of UANPF.