Join the UANPF team
Who We Are
The United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF) is one of the largest multiemployer defined benefit pension funds in the country. We provide retirement security to over 150,000 members of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry.
UANPF is a place where people come to work and want to stay. We offer meaningful career opportunities in a positive and collaborative environment that promotes and supports a healthy work/life balance. We take great pride in creating an environment where we always strive for Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (CANI) and believe every team member plays an integral part in our mission to provide our participants with the very best service.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels empowered to use their full potential and be their unique selves is the formula for great success. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, supportive and respectful work environment.
Our goal is to seek highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence, eager to innovate, desires meaningful work and is energized to become contributing partners with UANPF.
If you are qualified and this kind of candidate, we invite you to apply and join our team! If you know someone who is qualified and may be interested, please share the listing. We look forward to hearing from you!
Accounting Supervisor, Financial Services, Alexandria, VA
The United Association National Pension Fund (UANPF) is seeking to fill a Financial Supervisor position in our Accounting Department reporting directly to the Controller. The UANPF is a multiemployer pension fund organization committed to providing post retirement, defined benefits to the hardworking retirees from over 180 local unions across the United States. We are seeking a strategist, able to utilize strong leadership, management, delegation and accounting expertise to oversee and ensure the accuracy and reliability of the day to day, monthly and annual operations of all non-investment accounting data. This position directly supervises the finance staff, is responsible for reviewing, approving and providing financial analytics and reports, inclusive of the annual budget. In coordination with the Fund Auditors, this position takes responsibility for all tax filings including annual PBGC and Form 5500 for multiple plans.
- Manages the Financial Operations team to ensure the timely and accurate execution of, but not limited to, the following:
- month and year-end processes
- contributions income recognition and reconciliation
- general ledger
- payroll and accounts payable
- budgeting and forecasting
- income and expenditure variance analysis
- trust account statement reconciliations
- fixed assets and prepayment schedule
- Provides effective leadership, management and delegation to motivate, coach, develop and mentor staff.
- Provides continual evaluation of procedures, workflows and software; suggests processes to improve organizational operations and efficiency of the Financial Operations Team.
- Oversees the daily processing of checks and wires/ACH.
- Reviews and approves refunds of employer contribution overpayments.
- Oversees the monthly close, reviewing reconciliations and working closely with staff to maintain an accurate trial balance for all entities.
- Coordinates monthly financial statement preparation with internal stakeholders.
- Insures the timely and accurate presentation of financial statements and other reports to Fund Officials.
- Supervises and reviews necessary schedules for year-end audits and Form 5500.
- Supervises the preparation of all accounting related governmental reports filed by the Fund Office; provides Fund Auditors with all necessary information for filing other reports required by governmental authorities.
- Coordinates and manages all tax filings, including PBGC, Form 5500, etc. to ensure timely submission.
- Monitors compliance with legal reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Initiates and aids in the development and implementation of data processing systems required to maintain accurate records of summary contractor contributions and amounts reciprocated.
- Supervises the storage and retrieval of accounting records required for future reference.
- Insures that all processes are known, including the Controller’s position, to provide back up support as needed.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or like field or combination of education and
- Supervisory experience required.
- Strong management and administrative skills required.
- Experience working with Retirement Plans a plus.
SALARY: $85,000-$95,000 annually
BENEFITS: Employer paid benefits include medical insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, short and long-term disability benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts and free parking.
UANPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disability Insurance Program
Short-term disability and long-term disability benefits are provided to provide financial protection if an employee is unable to work because of a medical condition or injury.
Basic Term Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Coverage offered is twice an employee’s salary, which includes dismemberment benefits and a double indemnity for accidental death.
Supplemental Term Life Insurance
Coverage is available for employees, their spouse and dependent children on a self-pay basis.
Retirement (Defined Benefit Plan)
Employees participate in a Defined Benefit Plan maintained by the Fund which includes five-year vesting benefits.
Deferred Compensation Plan (401k)
The 401(k) deferred compensation plan offers employees the opportunity to invest for their retirement using pretax income. Numerous investment options are available from a wide selection of fund choices. Investment advice and financial workshops are available.
AFL-CIO Credit Union
Employees of UANPF are eligible to join the AFL CIO Employees Federal Credit. The Credit Union offers discounted banking services and other benefits to members.
UANPF provides generous time-off benefits to promote a work/life balance and provide employees with breaks to rejuvenate and enjoy time away from work.
As part of the UANPF work schedule, the following holidays are observed:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday (third Monday in January)
- Presidential Inauguration Day
- Washington’s Birthday (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- The day before or after Christmas, to be determined yearly.
In addition to the above listed holidays, the UANPF also annually grants each employee three (3) floating holidays to be used at the employees’ discretion.
Employees of UANPF accrue vacation leave based on years worked for the organization. With 1-4 years of service, the employee earns 10 vacation days; with 5-9 years of service, the employee earns 15 vacation days; with 10-19 years of service, the employee earns 20 vacation days; with 20+ years of service, the employee earns 25 vacation days.
Employees accrue 15 days of sick leave per year to use for their own personal illnesses and to provide care for their sick spouse and dependent children.
Employees have some flexibility to choose a work schedule that accommodates work and life commitments and job responsibilities. The UANPF also provides paid time off for bereavement, voting, jury duty and court subpoenas (conditions apply).
All benefits are subject to change at the discretion of UANPF.